- Designed for use with stucco and other coated exteriors
- Strong backing pulls through spatter from stucco and Exterior Insulation and Finishing Systems (EIFS) without tearing
- High visibility tape is easily identifiable
- Holds well to irregular surfaces
- Similar construction to industrial-strength duct tape, useful for tough coating applications
3M™ Outdoor Masking and Stucco Tape 5959 has a unique polyethylene backing over a dense cloth scrim, strong enough to pull through spatter from stucco. The adhesive is a special blend of natural and synthetic rubbers that removes cleanly from most opaque surfaces, making it ideal for a variety of applications.
Originally developed for heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. Due to its unique design, it is an excellent economical choice for MRO/construction applications, as it performs especially well on a variety of coated exteriors, including stucco. It comes with a smooth, red backing. The tape can be used at temperatures as high as 200°F (93.3°C) for up to 30 minutes. 3M™ Outdoor Masking and Stucco Tape 5959 is offered with its red backing to enhance overall visibility. Its sturdy cloth-reinforced tape can be torn from the roll and sticks instantly, providing a wide range of convenient solutions.
- Useful for sealing, holding, bundling, identifying and protecting; will stand up to tough coating applications
- Ideal for overspray protection when masking substrates from coatings
- Excellent for temporary repairs, helping protect windows and door frames from damage during construction
- Temporary repair
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray